So for the hemp lamp project, a girlfriend and I glued and wrapped our little hearts out yesterday (while it was 150 degrees out, I swear). Our glue was dry enough today that I deflated the balls we used today. Although the instructions said 48 hours... 24 was definitely enough. I just need to run and get some of the lighting inserts and they're done! SUPER EASY. Messy as hell, but easy peasy.
First skirt attempt.
One of my closest girlfriends lives half way across the country and I hate it. We've been ultra close for about ten years now and have gone through some pretty gnarly things together. Said girlfriend also has a daughter, who's coming up on 2. Since I've been playing around with sewing, I thought it'd be great to try out some simple things for the little lady. My very first attempt at making anything clothing related is in her honor. It might the most simple skirt ever, but I'm damn proud of it.
I simply cut a piece of fabric, made casing for elastic, sewed the hem, sewed the fabric into a tube and added some adorable $1.00 ribbon from Michaels. I then realized I didn't have any elastic and need to get off my butt and go buy some before I can finish the skirt and ship it off. Oops. Here's what the cute little textile looks like so far.